The third edition incorporates some special modifications and features including:
- Design methodology and examples utilize new codes and standards and additional examples have been included in each chapter.
- References and background have been updated to include recent progress in the understanding of material properties, assemblage behavior, and component design.
- Coverage of strength design is increased including new example designs for all components and the two building desings.
- Seismic design requirements and practices are described in detail. • Coverage of prestressed masonry is expanded and design examples are included.
- Coverage of prestressed masonry is expanded and design examples are included.
- Glass unit masonry, deep beams, mortarless interlocking masonry, and other topics are also addressed.
This textbook is ideal for undergraduate and graduate level courses and it is an exceptional reference for practicing designers.
Ordering from outside of the US?
Please call the CMACN office at 916-722-1700 to place all orders and for shipping rates.
Order by Mail
If you’d prefer to order by mail, download the CMACN Bookstore Mail-in Order Form and follow the steps below.
- Enter the QTY for each publication you would like to order
- Calculate the TOTAL for each publication ordered. Note: Professional design firms in California and Nevada receive a 50% discount on CMACN publications and Design Tools
- Calculate the SUB-TOTAL and enter on LINE NO. 55
- California firms, please calculate SALES TAX and enter on LINE NO. 56
- Determine the SHIPPING CHARGE from the table at the bottom of the form and enter on LINE NO. 57
- Calculate the GRAND TOTAL and enter on LINE NO. 58
- Enter Shipping Address at LINE NO. 59. (Please Note: physical address required; Cannot ship to a P.O. Box
- Mail Order Form and Check for GRAND TOTAL to:
Concrete Masonry Association of California and Nevada
6060 Sunrise Vista Dr., Suite 1990
Citrus Heights, CA 95610